Hen Harrier Action is a charity working for a better environment with more wildlife for people to enjoy, especially in our uplands, with animals able to live their lives there alongside us, free of persecution and suffering caused by us. In consequence it aspires to these values in the way it works. We will:
- always have benefit for nature as the key determinant of our actions. Most of our activities involve working with people and not directly in nature, but we will always judge what we do by the simple question: "Will this help nature?"
- always seek to be inclusive of all: we respect people, value diversity and are committed to equality; and we will actively seek to broaden engagement with our aims.
- be neither party political nor sectarian. Our issues can be highly political, but we will not translate any of our views or actions into specific party or other affiliations.
- abide by the law. We believe in lawful protest and recognise that civil disobedience can sometimes be morally justified. But we do not condone it in our cause not least because one of our demands is that others should abide by the law too.
- seek to work in ways that are good for people and the planet. We will be active in encouraging Hen Harrier Days to be more sustainable and to improve our own practices as a charity.
- respect all with whom we work, seeking to set high standards in the quality and effectiveness of what we do, working collectively and seeking feedback on how we are doing.
- work with integrity, honesty and transparency.